[Flac-dev] liboggflac bug (flac.exe) : wrong header field

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Sat Oct 16 02:30:30 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Coalson" <xflac at yahoo.com>
To: "illiminable" <ogg at illiminable.com>; <flac-dev at xiph.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 1:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Flac-dev] liboggflac bug (flac.exe) : wrong header field

>> The spec doc says...
>>
>> " A two-byte, big-endian binary number signifying the number of
>> header
>> (non-audio) packets, including this one. "
>
> the spec is wrong in this case (if you look in the old html
> there is a little note to myself in comments but it got
> overlooked for the release).

I thought it was probably something like that...

> I updated the page to say 'not including this one'.
>
> the 'unknown' value is still OK to be zero since legal
> streams must have at least one more header packet (the
> vorbis comment).

Yeah... i know the zero value is ok... but i wanted to fill it in to make
sure it's ok for all players. And also when it converts the old flac to the
new flac, it fills in that field.

All working now... can handle both formats... original ogg flac and the new
ogg flac.

Thanks,

Zen.