[Flac-dev] FLAC Process_single... read:write ratio ?

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Sat Oct 16 08:01:35 PDT 2004

I'm just trying to wrap the flac decoder into a push model class... as i'm
having a few threading problems in corner cases.

One thing i need to fnid out is... if i call process_single() and let the
read callback give the decoder exactly one packet/frame.

Is the write_callback garaunteed to only be fired once ?

Also one other thing... this where is always crashes...

Line 374 in bitbuffer.c, at bit_buffer_clear(...) the state is ABORTED, and
blurbs and bits are both ~2^32 and it tries to do a memset.

I know the issue is primarily a threading one... is it normal for this to be
called in the ABORTED state ? How does the blurbs and bits get so high ? (is
it subtracting from 0 ?)

Cheers,

Zen.