AW: [Flac-dev] Incomplete format description?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 10:22:12 PST 2003

--- Tor-Einar Jarnbjo <Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de> wrote:
> [...]

yes.

> I'll see
> if I get to run the test-script mentioned, but I am not sure if my
> Linux
> installation is working very well.

Just reading over test_flac.sh and test_streams.sh will give
you some ideas.  There are some undocumented options to flac like:
--disable-fixed-subframes
--disable-constant-subframes
--disable-verbatim-subframes
that you can mix and match to create specific kinds of FLAC
files to test your decoder with.  Now thinking about I should
add --disable-lpc-subframes, but you should be able to get
some verbatim frames by encoding noise.