AW: [Flac-dev] Incomplete format description?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 12:23:19 PST 2003

--- Tor-Einar Jarnbjo <Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de> wrote:
> [...]

yes, I will probably get to it soon after the release.
the encoding side is pretty convoluted but for decoding,
src/libFLAC/stream_decoder.c:read_residual_partitioned_rice_()
should be pretty straightforward once you ignore the
FLAC__SYMMETRIC_RICE stuff (which is not used).  feel free to
ask questions about it here.

> The reason I am asking is, that I've started to implement a FLAC
> decoder for
> the Java Media Framework

cool, that was on my TODO list but way way down.  I'm glad
you're doing it :)