[Flac-dev] new CUESHEET metadata block

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Dec 4 02:08:04 PST 2002

En réponse à Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com>:

> --- smoerk <smoerk at gmx.de> wrote:
> > good idea, i'm always putting *.cue files to the directory with the
> > ripped audio files. but it would prefer one file per song and not
> one
> > big file for the whole cd.
>
> My vision of how the players should work is this:
>
> - make one album.flac with CUESHEET
> - player loads album.flac, sees CUESHEET, calculates CDDB id
>   (or CDindex, or custom hash), looks up metadata in database

Mmm, yes the CDDB feature would be great. Is it based on an ID per disk or an ID
per track ? If so, how do you want to integrate it on a track basis ? (CD ID +
track number ?)

> - player presents album.flac as separate tracks
> - playlists can reference individual tracks in album.flac

BTW, one option in MCF I didn't think of : the same way as you have in FLAC, you
can have the whole CD in one file, and attach the cue file (the content is
inside the same file).