[Flac-dev] Re: FLAC to mp3 batch converter?

Robin Pollard robinpollard at onebox.com
Wed Apr 3 12:04:57 PST 2002

Hi Christian,

There is a perl script called rip (rip.sourceforge.net) that I was
looking to alter for a similar requirment (flacs at home -> mp3s
on laptop).  I patched flac support into it for the encoder a couple
of months ago.

At the moment it uses cdparanoia to rip from CD but should not be
hard to add flac as an alternative 'ripper' to make wavs and then
you can use the encoder of your choice on the wav.

If I get time to write the patch to rip from flac to mp3 I will send
you a copy but don't hold your breath :)

Cheers,
Robin.