[Flac-dev] Re: FLAC to mp3 batch converter?

Christian Lambert clambert at sgi.com
Wed Apr 3 12:08:26 PST 2002

Actually what you are describing it just "ripping" which I already do
with "grip" the nice GTK frontend for ripping into flac or mp3.
I filed a bug directly with grip to have them update the command line
for flac, but oterwise it works real great to encode CDs directly
into flac format.  It uses cdparanoia's library to do the ripping
then puts the id3 tags into the filenames,etc...

If grip isn't added already on the flac webpage as a supported gui-frontend
it should be.

What was I looking for is just the flac to mp3 script that takes
my ripped CDs into flac that I could convert into mp3.  Another use
of that is that sometime I am building compilations for my car mp3
player and I could just convert on the fly to mp3 from flac using
the script to build my custom cd.

Thanks again for all your input!