[Flac-dev] ERROR: mismatch in decoded data, verify FAILED!

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sun Jun 24 12:23:45 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 07:45:56PM +0200, kai at adminhell.org wrote:

> I also had this verify error encoding a wav I ripped from a CD. I didn't
> This error happened only with one track of a CD I was ripping.
>
> Another reason for me not reporting this was, that flac 1.0 running on OpenBSD
> 2.9 encoded the wav with no error.. maybe this is linux-specific.
>
> Now this is how it looked..
>
> --snip--
>
> [...]
> ERROR: mismatch in decoded data, verify FAILED!
> [...]
> ERROR during encoding, state = 15:FLAC__ENCODER_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_ERROR

This error appeared in the other report as well.  It looks like a memory
allocation failure is the cause of the problem.  Is the error easily
reproducible given the failed WAV file?  Can you try trimming down the WAV file
(e.g., with a program like xwave) until you have the smallest chunk which
still triggers the failure?

If you can make the WAV file (or a portion of it that exhibits the problem)
available, that would be a great help.  Note that there should not be any
copyright issues associated with sending a small sample of a song.

--
 - mdz