[Flac-dev] libFLAC changes

Mike Wren mikew at etree.org
Wed Jun 13 12:08:37 PDT 2001

Hey guys... a quick thought while we're in pre-v1.0 clean-up mode.

Any thoughts to perhaps integrating a quick sector-boundary check of the
wav file before encoding?  Does this functionality extend beyond the scope
of FLAC?  A quick check, and a "this wav file is not cut on a sector
boundary, continue y/n" warning would do the trick.  Perhaps, an option to
silence this check would be useful also.

Anyway, just thinking out loud again.  Integrating this as the default
behavior for FLAC would prove very useful for etree-folks.

Let me know if anyone needs info on the sector boundary issue, and why it
is so important in CD audio.

If there is any interest, I'll get going on some win98/NT batch files for
DOS, and perhaps an auto-installer with registry keys.

BTW, sorry I've been MIA in all this.  All my play time has been
consumed by other projects.

Wren