[Flac-dev] Bug with FLAC raw encoding

Mark Powell M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk
Fri Feb 2 12:09:33 PST 2001

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Josh Green wrote:

> I found a bug with FLAC v0.6 raw encoding. It appears that the file
> pointer in the source file is not reset after seeking to the end for
> checking the size. I've attached a patch.

What's the impact? Do I have bad .flac files?

> I'm excited about FLAC!! I've been looking for a good GPL lossless RAW
> audio compressor for use with sound fonts. Sound font files contain 16
> bit samples that are word aligned, so just treating it as raw audio does
> quite well. I've already tested it on one sound font, and it beat sfArk
> by a few K. It would be neat to add support to my application the Smurf
> Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net) for FLAC sound font
> compression. Lates..

Keep it up, mate.
  A+

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Academic Information Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key