[Flac-dev] split_wav and CUE (WAS Re: Bug with FLAC raw encoding)

Mark Powell M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 05:16:13 PST 2001

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Josh Coalson wrote:

> --- Mark Powell <M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk> wrote:
> > The latest version of my cue+wav splitter supports
> > .flac files. Hope to
> > get it released this weekend. Will eventually be at:
> >
> > www.lameb.fsnet.co.uk
> >
> this looks interesting... I'm not too familiar with
> cue sheets but is there a use for a FLAC metadata
> block with the cue information?  should be pretty
> simple to add.

Nice idea to have the cue data stored within the flac file. However,
software that can write a CD from a cue+wav combination; CDRWIN & EAC;
will require both the .CUE and .WAV file to exist. Thus it's probably
better to just keep it in the two files. It's also esaier to modify track
titles etc., with the text .cue file.
  Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Academic Information Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key