[Xiph-Advocacy] Hi Ivo, some questions to join

JorSol jorsol at jorsol.tk
Thu Feb 21 15:32:12 PST 2008

Hi Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves and all of the Spread Open Media team,

I strongly support the Spread Open Media initiative... I'm from Nicaragua,
and in the last year there was a big growth of Linux Users Groups (LUGs),
I'm a member of one of those groups, specifically the Ubuntu LoCo Team of
Nicaragua[1].

One of the projects we want to make is promote the open formats, I'm one of
the webmasters of Ubuntu-ni[2] and as a first step I'm going to create a
page (section) with some info about open formats, that will grow up
eventually with all the necessary info for use and promote open formats...
later we intend to promote to a more extensive public with chats in
conferences that we made, basicaly in the LinuxTour[3], in events like
FLISol and Software Freedom Day, and in the future we hope to incentive the
use of open formats in government entities and public in general.

I hope that I can count with your support for questions that may show up in
the future, and for use content of the SOM web.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NicaraguanTeam
[2] http://www.ubuntu.org.ni
[3] http://www.linuxtour.org

Cheers,