[Advocacy] persuading mobile phone manufacturers to implement Vorbis support

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:01:49 PDT 2007

On 11/05/07, Alexander van Loon <svloon at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I'll gladly help with drafting a letter in the Xiph wiki. But I assume
> we would be sending this letter under the name of the Xiph.Org
> Foundation? I doubt that sending a letter to Nokia's customer service
> would have much effect if I'd send it under my personal name, likely it
> would end up in a desk drawer catching dust. Link to the draft:
> http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Letter_to_Nokia

My understanding is that the MailOgging project is meant to
provide a standard way for individuals to approach companies.
This is working on the basis of N >> 1 people sending the
same letter.

FWIW, I would like to see Ogg support on Nokia and
would probably be willing to send a copy.  If I ever upgrade
my phone it Vorbis support will be on my feature checklist
(although a long way below being able to make calls and
not being a brick).

--
imalone