[Advocacy] Re: Spread Open Media dot Org Update

Bjorn Wijers bjorn at simuze.nl
Tue Jul 17 15:18:06 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I just added Ogg (theora and vorbis) support to the Anarchy Media Player
  using the Cortado applet. I've sent the first version to Cameron so he
can already test it.

I also contacted the author of Anarchy Media Player so that my changes
can be added to the Anarchy Media Player. So we now have a plugin which
we can use for theora (tested with a wikicommons movie) and vorbis (also
tested with a wikicommons audio file). I need to finish some details
regarding to the options and then it should be useable for production.
So the latter has been solved.

> - We need a mediaplayer plugin which allows us to embed theora video and
> vorbis audio in the site. After all we're trying to set a standard ;)
> As far as I know there is no such plugin yet, but there seems to be a
> quite popular plugin for both Wordpress and Wordpress Mu called
> Anarchy Media Player[1]. I've just downloaded it and have I'll have a
> look to see if I can extend it to also play vorbis and theora using the
> cortado[2] java applet. Would be nice to do this instead of creating our
> own plugin. Btw I also found this interesting page [3] discussing more
> of the FLOSS codecs and the issues surrounding it.

grtz
BjornW