[Advocacy] Vorbis and Theora Required MIME Types for SMIL 3.0 WD

Jose Ramirez joseram at empirenet.com
Tue Jul 17 13:30:28 PDT 2007

Hello,

Just to let you know the last call SMIL 3.0 that came out on July 13,
07. Has the SMIL Language Profile requiring xiph media.
A couple of other profiles required only Vorbis.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-SMIL3-20070713/smil-profile.html#RequiredMIMETypes

Required MIME Types
The following royalty-free media formats are required to be supported:

audio/basic [MIME-2]
Ogg Vorbis audio (application/ogg) [VORBIS]
image/png [PNG-MIME], [PNG-REC]
image/jpeg [MIME-2], [JFIF] (See below)
Ogg Theora video (application/ogg) [THEORA]

Interested? I put up an overview page to the Working Draft::
http://www.multimedia4everyone.com/smil30/index.htm
To make it easier to see what the language is capable of.

This is the Last Call, and it's subject to change, let the SMIL Working
Group know if you think it's cool.
I do, I can't wait to see the first 'hello world' with a little vorbis,
theora. These presentations should be like
HTML webpages viewable years from now. Which means there is finally a
safe place to store those ideas expressed
with text, audio, images and video.

Take Care,
Jose Ramirez

Web 2,