[Advocacy] Re: spread open media

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:12:31 PDT 2007

On 7/3/07, Bjorn Wijers <bjorn at simuze.nl> wrote:
> Will a CC be ok, or do I become a member of this list(?)

Both, please.

> I did. It was a short statement about the use of open media formats such
> as Vorbis and Theora by the OLPC project.

Oh, I did that too, during the boat trip.  I also learned they are
having a few problems with gstreamer and Theora, so I joined their
developers mailing list to assist them in whatever I can do.  I also
asked if it would be possible to provide a test machine for Xiph, but
that was probably too blunt of me, considering we are not involved
with their project (although we should be, the XO is supposed to run
on Open Media formats alone).  BTW, no response to that request.

> Yes, I already sent it as a zip, but I have attached it to this email as
> well.

Nothing here.  Maybe you forgot?  Send it privately.

> I'm really burried in client work at the moment, so I apologize for
> not being as responsive as I would like to be :/

You should not apologize for doing your "ganha-pão", as we call it
around here.  One gotta do what one gotta do to survive.

-Ivo