[Advocacy] Re: spread open media

Bjorn Wijers bjorn at simuze.nl
Tue Jul 3 13:59:16 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

> Sounds reasonable and fine to me, although one of the tasks on
> Milestone 0 in my name should probably be done by Bjorn, which is the
> definition of what Open Media is.  Bjorn knows whoever that guy (Bruce
> Perens) is and seems more at ease with phylosophic stuff/crap.

haha, I like that kind of stuff yeah ;)

> Also, Cameron, Bjorn, would you please follow Jon in forwarding
> further messages to advocacy at xiph.org?

Will a CC be ok, or do I become a member of this list(?)

   To keep a public record and I
> guess to draw more people to the project.  That is, if it's ok with
> all of you.

No problem whatsoever with having a public record.

> More questions: who interviewed SJ Klein?

I did. It was a short statement about the use of open media formats such
as Vorbis and Theora by the OLPC project. I hope to get this online
after finishing my client work this week...

   And Bjorn, do you still
> have that HTML presentation you showed at summit panel?

Yes, I already sent it as a zip, but I have attached it to this email as
well.

  Can we post
> it on SOM?

Sure, no problem!

ps: I'm really burried in client work at the moment, so I apologize for
not being as responsive as I would like to be :/

grtz
BjornW