[advocacy] Ogg & Ogg Vorbis _unofficial_ logos page.

Miguel A. Arévalo marevalo at marevalo.net
Fri Oct 17 09:20:21 PDT 2003

Jack Moffitt wrote:
> We don't have anyone here good enough to compete at a level where we'd
> accept the logos.  At least judging from past experience.

A properly announced contest (even only in Slashdot) will give you a big
audience with a good share of designers. There has been very good ones
at the wikepedia's contest.

> The fish logo looks fine in black and white.  They are already doing
> fullcolor stuff on the rest of the box.

I'm sorry but as you can see:

http://www.mrmoogle.de/gallery/view_photo.php?full=1&set_albumName=iHP-120-Review&id=iriver_ihp120rev_img_19b

the whole box is only in shades of gray, they prefer spending money on
good earbuds and digital in/out that in flashy boxes.

> We see both happening already, and some people using the fish.  Most
> people use the fish.

Which is an error, the fish is the logo of the Xiph.org Foundation. But,
then again, neither the fish nor the thor-and-snake tells anything about
Ogg nor Vorbis, they are far too eclectic and elaborated.

 > I suggest coming up with a few different ideas and then presenting them
 > formally at one of the monthly meetings.

Oh! friend, this remembers me the "good old days" of the ITU-T, come on
boys, we are in a post-"Cathedral and Bazaar" world, there should be
more flexible ways to do simple things...

Regards,

Miguel A. Arévalo