[advocacy] W3C SVG considering using Vorbis

Dave H dmh at dmh.org.uk
Tue Jul 22 11:51:42 PDT 2003

Jose Ramirez wrote:

> There needs to be a new mindset on audio and video, and treat them just
> like jpegs. Where you save your content in a safe format and years from
> now it's still viable. I think the next phase of the Web, the multimedia
> one, will need Vorbis and Theora, just like the first Web needed jpegs.

I totally agree!  I think you're preaching to the converted around here.
  ;o)  It goes past audio and video, of course; open document formats
(OASIS Open Office, DocBook, XHTML, or even ASCII plain text) are also
vitally important for any document you still want to be able to read ten
years after it was created.

I'll see if I can add anything sensible to the discussion on the SVG
mailing list in a bit...

Cheers

Dave