[advocacy] Suggestions: Hardware info page on Vorbis.com?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Jan 10 02:02:29 PST 2003

On this page it says:

"UPDATE: Note from Evolution Technologies

Evolution Technologies, Inc. is committed to support our consumers music
appetite. We will support the formats that are consistent with both their
desires and good business practices. While we have not ruled out supporting
"open source" formats, we must first evaluate the acceptance levels with the
buying public so that our organization can justify the expense of developing
a new compatible CODEC. When the demand is sufficient, we will support the
technology."

Does support for Tremor in fact require "the expense of developing a new
compatible CODEC"? Surely Xiph has done this for them already?

Has anyone estimated what it would cost a company to add this support?

Cheers

Daniel