[advocacy] Xiph/Vorbis logo contest?

Moritz Grimm gtgbr
Sat Sep 14 15:48:24 PDT 2002

Erik Moeller wrote:
> > However, the real point of my previous reply was that your opionion is
> > contrary the general popularity of the fish that mail feedback
> > suggests.
>
> Unless you open your mail archive, I can't argue with that. However,
> "not getting a significant number of complaints about it" is certainly
> different than it being popular. As I already demonstrated, the Google

I don't agree, all people I know find the fish cute and like it - at
least the one in the vorbis.com logo and oggDrop for Windows.

On the other hand, I know of nobody in my vicinity that can relate to
the Thor-and-Snake logo - it seems to be too complicated and un-cute.
The fish, however, seems to do a good job in representing stuff coming
from Xiph, including Vorbis.

Also note that people usually don't bother to give positive feedback,
complaining is a lot more "popular". "Not getting a significant number
of complaints" can safely be regarded as a compliment.