[advocacy] Xiph/Vorbis logo contest?

Erik Moeller moeller at scireview.de
Sat Sep 14 15:13:55 PDT 2002

Am Sam, 2002-09-14 um 22.18 schrieb Monty:

> However, the real point of my previous reply was that your opionion is
> contrary the general popularity of the fish that mail feedback
> suggests.

Unless you open your mail archive, I can't argue with that. However,
"not getting a significant number of complaints about it" is certainly
different than it being popular. As I already demonstrated, the Google
image search indicates that it's very unpopular, because most people
make every effort to use a touched up version instead of the unmodified
one, even if that's hard because no transparent one is provided.

> I don't particularly feel the need to do anything necessary to
> increase our popularity.

If you're happy with the current adoption rate and support, that's fine.
I don't think trying to increase both has anything to do with
desperation, but maybe that's just me.

Regards,
Erik

--
Scientific Reviewer, Freelancer, Humanist -- Berlin / Germany
Phone: +49 (0)30 45491008 -- Web: http://www.humanist.de/erik

Patriotism is an ephemeral motive that scarcely ever outlasts
the particular threat to society that aroused it.
  -- Denis Diderot