[advocacy] Xiph/Vorbis logo contest?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Sep 14 13:18:28 PDT 2002

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 09:08:01PM +0200, Erik Moeller wrote:
> I understand your sentiments, Monty, but you shouldn't be surprised if
> the demand for Ogg Vorbis merchandise doesn't skyrocket with the current
> logo. In any case, I have asked the Ogg Drop for Mac author for
> permission to use his version of the logo.

I don't particularly feel the need to do anything necessary to
increase our popularity.  Frankly, I'm not that desperate.

However, the real point of my previous reply was that your opionion is
contrary the general popularity of the fish that mail feedback
suggests. You've established you don't like the fish.  I don't think
many people agree with you :-)

The fish is an ideal logo; it's the Thor-n-snake drawing that graphic
designers tend not to like.

Monty