[advocacy] DRM in OGG - A Proposal

Vance Roussin vance.the.stampede at telusplanet.net
Fri Nov 8 17:41:27 PST 2002

>Again, these are not global rights, and laws such as DMCA negate any rights
>for future media formats. There's little point in asserting legal rights
>which you are prevented from carrying out by the same body of law.

No offense, but you always refer to fair use like it doesn't exist. And
then hold the DMCA up like couple of stone tablets. You sound like some
PR/FUD lackey working for the labels. If this is the case then you could
gain a lot in the way of actually respecting/acknowledging well-established
consumer rights instead of bringing up laws that violate them and freedom
of speech along side. The DMCA is no more universal than the "old-school"
US copyright law, and has yet to testify in as many cases. I think I speak
for everyone listening when I say that the DMCA does not take america's
best interests to heart.

-vance