[advocacy] Sample Editors (was: Re: Mail etiquette and iTunes)

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Feb 15 07:04:10 PST 2002

> This is one of these "doesn't matter" questions. A sample editor
> has to do what you need it to do. Choose the one or two or three
> that suit your needs.

Isn't it easier sometimes to get a recommendation from someone who's
tried them all already? I think that's what the original question was
about.

> (i neither encode
> from within a sample editor nor do I load .ogg or .mp3 files).

Some of us do, or would like to. Besides, it's not just about
samples. Where we don't need the .wav file, such as when making live
(but filesize-compressed) recordings, Ogg output is very handy. I've
used ecasound to do time-shifted radio recordings, for example.

Daniel