[advocacy] Sample Editors (was: Re: Mail etiquette and iTunes)

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Fri Feb 15 05:50:09 PST 2002

"Jeremy M. Hanrahan" wrote:
> So which, then would be the recommended audio editior of choice? (from
> an Ogg Vorbis p.o.v.)

This is one of these "doesn't matter" questions. A sample editor has to
do what you need it to do. Choose the one or two or three that suit your
needs.

The Ogg Vorbis p.o.v. ...luckily, that doesn't matter much anymore
either. :) Thanks to our all-time hero PP we get this:
http://www.blorp.com/~peter/zips/cool_ogg.zip - apart from that, all
other sample editors I know of support Ogg, too. I am not sure how
current they are, though.

I haven't tried PP's CoolPro filter yet, though (i neither encode from
within a sample editor nor do I load .ogg or .mp3 files). It's all about
.wav and external encoding for me.