Mail etiquette and iTunes: Was: [advocacy] Audacity

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Feb 15 01:31:48 PST 2002

> [re: uninteresting: No offense to Audacity.  Audacity isn't
> 'uninteresting', I've simply already been a user of that package
> for a long time ;-]

I'd expect that most Linux users interested in audio would already be
Audacity users, as it's probably the leading package for graphical
manipulation of multitrack audio on that OS. However, I thought
Windows and Mac users of Ogg technology might not have heard of it,
because there are many more established audio editors on those
platforms. Side by side on Windows, Audacity compares very favourably
with Cool Edit Pro, which probably doesn't support Ogg
formats at all.

Daniel