[advocacy] Re: Ogg IETF RFCs

Monty xiphmont
Tue Dec 10 12:36:23 PST 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 11:16:35PM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Silvia.Pfeiffer at csiro.au wrote:
> >Hi everybody,
> >
> >we have now submitted two Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) to the IETF with a
> >request to be published as RFCs:
>
> I've started reading the RFC Draft of the format. I don't have much time
> these days so I couldn't finish it. But I saw a possible errors (as I
> don't know enough about OGG). In the beggining it says there is error
> protection, while I only saw error detection (as correctly mentioned
> later in the text).

You are correct; Ogg provides detection.  It does not provide any
redundancy coding.

There are other minor errors I spotted in proofreading (mostly errors
of omission) and I'll get those to the list soon.

(Trying not to pull my head too far out of my current tasks.  "We are
juggling priceless eggs in variable gravity."

Monty