[advocacy] Xiphophorus helleri

Marcel Martin mmar at freenet.de
Fri Dec 27 11:24:28 PST 2002

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is asked for, but I had some time during the holidays and
re-drew the Xiph.org fish. My main reason for this was that the logo that is
currently printed on merchandise at CafeExpress.com didn't look suitable for
that kind of purpose since it is very edgy and looks "crude".

To be clear: I _love_ that fish and agree totally with Monty when he says (in
http://www.xiph.org/archives/advocacy/0390.html) that "the fish stays". I
just think that the version currently in use (see
http://zoom.cafepress.com/7/1221807_zoom.jpg) does not do it justice.

In that mail Monty also said that "the fish may be gussied up slightly".
Well, it took me a while to find out what "to gussy up" means :-), but I was
quite happy to see that it's similar to "improve".

I guess therefore there may be some interest in the version I've drawn. Please
have a look at the webpage I've put up for this very purpose. You'll find a
comparison between the current and my proposed version of the logo and can
download it in different file formats. It was drawn using Sodipodi therefore
the native format is SVG.
Please see: http://w148.de/~mmartin/xifish/

Comments are definitely welcome but if there is no interest in my version, I'd
just like to know if it's okay to leave that page online.

Thanks,
Marcel

--
 . .
/ V / Marcel Martin   Bielefeld   OpenPGP public key: