[advocacy] Replacing other streaming formats in internet radio?

Andreas Fuchs asf
Wed Apr 17 00:08:05 PDT 2002

I'm looking into convincing a small internet radio station (they're
using one of real.com's products for streaming) to use Ogg Vorbis. Since
they mainly depend on sponsors, cost is the biggest factor in the
equation.

To put more weight into my arguments, I'm looking for others who tried
to switch or already did it. The BBC's tests look very promising; I see
they are using Real Audio streams, too. If you know of others who
switched, please tell the list (and, in effect, me (-:).

I will keep you informed of anything that develops in this case.

Thanks,

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at acm.org>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs