[advocacy] Re: your arcticle is all fine and dandy but

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Sep 18 16:18:10 PDT 2001

> Now you create something that virtually no one can use.

Anyone can download the player or the plugins

> cant burn a
> cd from it.

I haven't tried making a CD from .ogg files but I'm sure there must
be a way, even if it's just recording through the soundcard from the
ogg player to a wav recording program.

> Make us use the piece of crap Microsoft media player.

I use ogg123 myself.

> I want something I can make a cd of and
> play in players like mp3 players. there arent any .ogg player
> (portable) never will be.

Actually I think there will be ogg hardware players, since
manufacturers can support the format without paying royalties.

> Now people are sharing these files and
> they are virtually worhtless.

That's your opinion, but I've enjoyed playing songs I've downloaded
in .ogg format.

> Fight against the man. been there
> done that.

The Man can use ogg vorbis too - it's not exclusive.

> If it dont work no where your only pissing in the wind..

I agree, but in this case Ogg files can be played on a number of
popular software players.

Thanks for you comments

Daniel