[advocacy] Re: interest in ogg

Daniel James daniel
Tue Dec 4 03:39:16 PST 2001

> I can't wait until there's a handheld device for
> Oggs

http://www.iomega.com now sells the HipZip for US $99.95.

A 4-pack of PocketZip 40MB Disks are now US $49.95 with a bundled PC
Card drive.

> Just needs
> some more universal support (Vorbis CD support in their cars, DVD
> player, etc.).

I agree - although since it will hardly cost anything for the
manufacturers to add the feature, I don't think it's unfeasible. Most
CD players currently in existence don't support MP3 files, anyway.

Daniel