[advocacy] www.ogg-vorbis.com

Bacchus Thirteen bacchus_t at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 08:14:20 PST 2001

--- Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> wrote:
> We aren't in talks with the RIAA and we aren't
> sending people to
> electronics retailers.  It's just a few people
> trying to make money the
> MP3.com way.

Yes, it is less likely to be Xiphophorus company to
deny P2P but it was quite confusing for me...even for
Daniel.  Of course, I am not against companies making
money using Ogg but it must be suitable for them to be
clear in this respect to avoid being suspicious.

I like Daniel's individual-oriented way of
'advocation' but open-source is open to possibilities.
 Commercial companies are welcome but as a user, I'd
rather ask them to be careful in this sensitive aspect
to let Ogg successful.

Bacchus