[xiph-rtp] Updated drafts please review

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar at Jarnbjo.de
Tue Jun 20 12:44:19 PDT 2006

Luca Barbato wrote:

>>3.1.1. Last sentence: It is up to the ...
>>

>Explain the problem

The current sentence reads: "Is up to the client provide a minimal size
comment header to the decoder if required by the implementation." A few
words are missing. It should obviously be: "It is up to the client to
provide ...".

Another one in 2.1: "and shown in Figure Figure 1."

>This way looks better?

Sort of, at least I understood what is ment. I missed the discussion (if
there has been any) on supporting compressed (bzip or gzip) headers. Is
it really necessary to add such complexity to the clients? Is the
compression used being defined through the URL ending or should it be
specified in e.g. the content type header if using HTTP retrieval?

>>There seem to be a generally high number of punctuation mistakes in the
>>text and I am not able to follow the logic behind the capitalization of
>>specific words ...
>>

>Please point the cases and I'll try to fix them.

I'm not a native speaker, so this may be completely wrong. They are not
the only mistakes I think are included, but I really have no time spell
checking the entire text:

1.

Vorbis is a general purpose perceptual audio codec ... A comma is
missing between purpose and perceptual.

3.

Unlike other mainstream audio codecs Vorbis has no statically ... Comma
between codecs and Vorbis
... of a comment header packet which gives  ... Comma between packet and
which

Through sections 3.x, several expressions are written capitalized
without obvious meaning (this may of course be some odd RFC guideline
though): "Vorbis Packed Configuration", "Configuration", "Packed
Configuration", "Vorbis Packed Configuration Packets", "Ident", "Packed
Configuration Payload", "Fragment", "Packed configuration" (here capital
P, minuscule c) and so on.

Tor