[xiph-rtp] Status report

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Mon Nov 21 08:33:32 PST 2005

Here is the status report for vorbis-rtp and theora-rtp and some sort of
planning for the next steps.

== ietf acceptance: Ralph knows better than me, to sum up there are some
IPR related to off band transmission to investigate and there are some
minor retouches formal retouches to be done. Looks like that the example
section should hold a SIP example, if someone working on SIP could point
me a testcase or could work with me to have something that is correct of
his/her usage would be great, otherwise I'd have to make my guess.

== implementation: Almost everything is in the svn, I should update the
theorartp-client to be in line with the latest draft. Vorbis client and
server are almost ok (I'll try later to have a finer timestamps
extraction, the stored ogg seems to seek properly more or less)

== what's left:

- I'm open again for other structural changes, if they are not too
radical. If you think that the 15 vorbis packets per rtp packet is too
low could be possible remove the tag and let the number of packet be
bound just by spec, from what I can see the size limit keeps the number
of packet lower than 10 beside the case of silence.

- I need ideas and support for the theora example (the now could be a
p2p communication using SIP to initiate the it)

That's all for now.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero