[xiph-rtp] speex realtime implementation status

Kevin Webb kevin at tackledesign.com
Wed Feb 23 14:39:03 PST 2005

Thanks! That's great to know that 20-30% loss could still work -
hopefully I'll be far below that.

Has there been any movement on building an impelentation of the RTP with
Speex?

I've read over the draft and I've also looked around in the code but as
yet I've not been able to find any references to RTP in action.

Can you make any recommendations about how to approach this problem with
  speex? I'd love to do it right through speexenc/dec and tie it into
the ALSA system that's managing my audio processing. But it looks like
using some kind of H232 setup might also be a possiblity.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!
Kevin