[xiph-rtp] header caching and chaining

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Mon Apr 11 12:50:43 PDT 2005

Ralph Giles wrote:
> So you'd prefer raw retrieval of the individual headers?
Probably a network order uint32 for the size followed by the raw data
could work well enough or alternatively a vlc coded size followed by the
raw data

> Note that the code to just split out the packet data from an Ogg stream
> is only a couple of pages; it's not a large dependency compared to, say,
> an http client.
As I said before, if the target is to have a pure vorbis-rtp spec we
should try to think the simplest way that doesn't require external deps.
Having contained extradata adds complexity
>  -r

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager