[xiph-rtp] Difficulties with several RTP streams for a Vorbis stream.

Ramón García ramon.garcia.f at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 02:35:08 PST 2004

You said that a client requesting a codebook is not reliable. Well, if
the client does not get the codebook it will request it again and
again. That should be enough to make it reliable.

Maybe I am missing something, but If HTTP is used to distribute the
codebook, what is the need for sending it in the RTP protocol?
Shouldn't the SDP descriptor be enough? If an OGG file has chained
streams with different codebooks, they should be exposed as different
RTP sessions, like when a RTSP server is serving a list of different
files (for instance, a SMIL file).

If the server decides to lower the quality of a bitstream, does this
require it change the codebooks? In that case, I agree that a
mechanism for dynamically changing codebooks is necessary.