[xiph-rtp] Alternate Implementations

Michael Sparks Michaels at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 08:00:03 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm in the process of reading through the list archives, so I won't say
much at present (since I'll probably repeat things already said).

However, I just thought I'd say that we're very interested in helping
this move forward* and should be able to provide another, alternate
implementation - in the hopes of helping standardisation efforts.
(Multiple implementations being a normal IETF requirement for
standardisation)
   * The BBC's preference for open protocols and standards is hopefully
     well known!

We'd obviously view it as a secondary, alternate implementation to any
reference implementation already being written/under way, but hopefully
useful :)

Best Regards,

Michael.
--
Michael Sparks, Senior R&D Engineer, Digital Media Group
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk,

This e-mail may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC.