[Vorbis] Configure error, Ogg not found on Mac OS X

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Tue Apr 22 11:07:43 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-21 2:30 AM, Joshua Root wrote:

>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/lib' clang oggpack.c -DDARWIN -fno-common -force_cpusubtype_ALL -Wall -g -O3 -ffast-math -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DUSE_MEMORY_H -I/usr/include -logg -lpthread -o oggpack
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is hardly used on OS X (only by dlopen() AFAIK)

The equivalent on OS X is DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. /usr/lib should be in the
default search path though. According to 'man dyld' on my 10.8 system,
this is checked first, followed by DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH which, "By
 default...is  set  to $(HOME)/lib:/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib."

So the proper prefix for stuff you're compiling yourself is $(HOME)/lib
for things you just need yourself, and /usr/local/lib for things you
want available system-wide.

 -r