[Vorbis] Using libvorbis and vorbisfile in the Windows 8 store app environment

Alex Barry alex at cineclick.ca
Fri Feb 22 07:26:34 PST 2013

I've used libvorbis many times in linux and windows <= 7 applications
without any major problems, and wanted to know if that translates the same
to the sandboxed windows 8 store app environment.  I'm playing around with
it right now, and was able to get the library to compile fine (static), and
was able to get it to compile within my project.  So far, no problems, but
I was almost certain that there was some sort of heavy restriction on using
fopen and friends within the sandboxed environment.  I am trying to play an
ogg file and so far, my fopen_s() keeps returning non-zero, but I'm still
working on debugging it (I'm assuming I just need to specify an absolute
path rather than relative to the app).

Anyone with windows 8 store app experience and tips?

*Alexander Barry*
Game Platform Developer
Tel.  +1 (519) 749-3379
Fax. +1 (519) 513-2421

[image: Inline image 1]
*
*
*CineClick Inc.*
Accelerator Centre
David Johnston Research & Technology Park
295 Hagey Blvd., Waterloo, ON N2L6R5

The information contained in this communication is confidential and
intended only for the use of those to whom it is addressed. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone
(collect if necessary) and delete or destroy any copies of it. Thank you.

Le contenu de ce courriel est confidentiel et à l’intention du (des)
destinataire(s) seulement. Si vous recevez cette transmission par erreur,
veuillez m’aviser immédiatement par téléphone en utilisant le numéro
mentionné ci-haut (à frais virés si nécessaire). Veuillez effacer ou
détruire toutes copies de ce courriel reçues. Merci de votre collaboration.