[Vorbis] compile error

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 15:43:40 PDT 2013

On 2013 Apr 20, at 1:28 PM, Joshua Root <josh+xiph at root.id.au> wrote:

> On 2013-4-21 04:47 , Jim Worrall wrote:
>> I've been trying to figure out for a couple of days why I can't get libvorbis to compile.  It has me stumped, though I'm not a whiz at compiling from source.
>>
>> I'm installing on Mac OSX 10.8.2.  The relevant commands are:
>>
>> export CC=clang
>> ./configure --prefix=${TARGET} --build=x86_64 --with-ogg-libraries=${TARGET}/lib --with-ogg-includes=${TARGET}/include/ --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-oggtest && make -j 4 && make install
>>
>> This error shows up 3 or 4 times:
>> configure:12338: clang -o conftest -O20 -Wall -Wextra -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -fsigned-char  -DUSE_MEMORY_H   conftest.c -lpthread   >&5
>> error: invalid value '20' in '-O20'
>>
>> config.log is attached.  I would really appreciate some pointers on what I am doing wrong.  Thank you.
>
> From the log:
>> configure:2328: checking build system type
>> configure:2342: result: x86_64-pc-none
>
> You probably shouldn't be passing --build at all; it's normally only
> needed for cross-compiling. If you do set it, it should be something
> like x86_64-apple-darwin12.
>
> The -O20 is hardcoded into the configure script, and probably shouldn't
> be, since you could be using clang (on many platforms) and it rejects
> it. However with the build system type set correctly it looks like you
> won't see the problem, since -O20 is not used for darwin.
>
> - Josh

Thank you - after removing --build=x86_64 from the configure command it seems to be compiling now.  For some reason, ffmpeg (my ultimate goal) is still not finding libvorbis when it tries to compile, but that seems to be another problem.  I am now getting a 'vorbis' folder in the includes folder, and various 'libvorbis*' files in the lib folder, so I guess libvorbis is no longer the problem.  Thanks again!
Jim