[Vorbis] OGG/FLAC meta data (tag) editor working with samba shares?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Mon Aug 23 09:32:18 PDT 2010

On Monday 23 August 2010 18:26:05 Geoff Shang wrote:
> > Is there any Linux-capable OS metadata editor that will work with the
> > OGGs/FLACs residing on a remote (CIFS mounted) share? Used to use
> > easytag, but that doesn't see samba shares ...
>
> Are you saying that your preferred editor doesn't see files mounted via
> Samba, or that you want to edit tags on a Samba share without mounting it?
The former, in fact it (EasyTag) does not display samba shares in its file
selection dialogues ...

> If it's the former then I don't understand wy this would be, excepting
> perhaps if there are some character set issues in the filenames.  If it's
> the latter, I don't relaly understand why you would want to do this.
The character set issues are a possible problem, but authoritative confirmation
would be nice ...

See http://tinyurl.com/36gbvfk for an example that I'm not the only one
wondering and that EasyTag isn't the only editor affected (Tagtool as well) ...

Joh