[Vorbis] Welcome to the "Vorbis" mailing list

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed Jan 21 17:11:47 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Roger Hart <roger at island.net> wrote:

> I'm a newcomer to Ogg Vorbis and I am trying to get it to work on my
> Mac OS X 10.4.11 and Quicktime 7.5.5 so that I can play the following
> CBC radio stations through iTunes.

Unfortunately, there is no way to play Ogg streams through iTunes.
Installing XiphQT will add support for local files, but not streaming
radio. There's nothing we can do; it's a limitation of the iTunes
software. Please tell them you'd like this to work.

I can suggest the Songbird player from http://getsongbird.com/ or the
VLC player from http://videolan.org/ as an alternatives. The CBC
stream works fine in both of them.

Hope that helps, and sorry for the inconvenience.

 -r