[Vorbis] Poor programming support

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 10:16:33 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 6:34 AM, levein <levein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ogg format is great, but the programming support is so awful! After three
> days, I still haven't managed to add a simple playback function to my
> software. I know I can make it with a couple of more days, but it isn't
> really worth it. BTW, I'm an very experienced programmer.

Now that you've mastered programming, you should work on your issue
reporting skills: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

It would be helpful for you describe specifically what you are trying
to accomplish, which libraries you are trying to use, some examples of
how you are invoking the API, and how its failing for you. Doing so
would only take you a few more minutes.

I never found the API to be especially hard.  Like anything else I
just find some example code, and copy it  into my software then tweak
it until it does what I expect.