[Vorbis] Poor programming support

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sun Sep 7 03:54:31 PDT 2008

levein wrote:

> Ogg format is great, but the programming support is so awful! After three
> days, I still haven't managed to add a simple playback function to my
> software. I know I can make it with a couple of more days, but it isn't
> really worth it. BTW, I'm an very experienced programmer.

Which libraries are you using?  libvorbis?  libvorbisfile?  libfishsound?
Something else?

I'm not a C programmer, but my understanding is that libvorbis is pretty
complicated, hence the existance of libvorbisfile and libvorbisenc.  Given
the number of projects which support vorbis, it can't be as bad as all
that.

Geoff.