[Vorbis] New Media Codec: Audio, Video & Atmosphere Lighting help

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Sat Mar 8 16:06:32 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 18:21 -0500, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/8/08, paul griffiths <avalightingstudio at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >  > Any ideas?
> >
> >  Yes.  Use what exists instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.  It's
> >  better for everyone involved.
>
> Hey Ivo, can you please point me to the pre-existing codecs for
> encapsulating DMX in Ogg?

I don't know what DMX is, but googling for "DMX MIDI" comes up with lots
of hits which might mean that a reasonable mapping could exist between
DMX and MIDI. Embedding MIDI in Ogg is at least theoretically possible
according to this thread
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/vorbis/2002-October/021466.html from
days of yore.

-Carsten