[Vorbis] multi channel Ogg Vorbis file corruption

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Jul 9 08:54:13 PDT 2008

The libvorbis encoder only treats stereo specially. Any other number
of channels - 1, 3, 6, or 16 - are encoded simply as that number of
independent channels.

So, corruption specific to the channel count is fairly unlikely
(though of course not entirely impossible). It's also not something
that sounds at all familiar.

Since you say you've tested this on other platforms, a compiler bug
seems unlikely.

Can you make one of these corrupt files available for people to take a look at?

Mike