[Vorbis] oggenc size limit?

Andrew Strong andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:34:22 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 02:15:24AM +0200, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Andrew Strong wrote:
>
> >I am trying to encode a 2.1gig .wav file using oggenc with the
> >following error message:
> >
> >andrew at ilium:~/Desktop$ oggenc -q 6 merge.wav -o test.ogg
> >ERROR: Cannot open input file "merge.wav": File too large
>
> This may be too late to help you, but I got around this problem by
> converting to raw PCM.  Actually, the version of arecord that I was using
> to make the file would automatically split at 2GB anyway, so I was
> converting to PCM to allow me to chain it all back together.  But it
> achieved the same result.

Thanks anyway for that! Turns out Ubuntu used the patched oggenc for
every distro after Dapper Drake 6.10 so I filed a bug report asking
that the Dapper version be patched as well.

 Not sure how that went as I have moved to Slackware and I am hoping
that their version of oggenc will handle large files. If not it is a
far better compiling environment and I should be able to utilise the
svn repository.

 Mind you an official release of vorbis tools with the patched oggenc
would be nice?

            Andrew

--
Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us
from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which