[Vorbis] oggenc size limit?

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Oct 9 17:15:24 PDT 2007

Andrew Strong wrote:

> I am trying to encode a 2.1gig .wav file using oggenc with the
> following error message:
>
> andrew at ilium:~/Desktop$ oggenc -q 6 merge.wav -o test.ogg
> ERROR: Cannot open input file "merge.wav": File too large

This may be too late to help you, but I got around this problem by
converting to raw PCM.  Actually, the version of arecord that I was using
to make the file would automatically split at 2GB anyway, so I was
converting to PCM to allow me to chain it all back together.  But it
achieved the same result.

Geoff.